We look forward to seeing you at the 2016 Festival!
The 38th. annual Challenge New Mexico Arts & Crafts Festival will be held on June 11th & 12th, 2016 from 9am-5pm. Our annual juried show takes place on the Historic Santa Fe Plaza, the works of over 150 national and local artists are showcased. Proceeds from artists’ booth fees benefit Challenge New Mexico, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides therapeutic recreation possibilities for the disabled.
For Visitors: Why We are Worth the Trip!
Whether you are visiting Santa Fe on vacation, looking for an opportunity to take a day trip from Albuquerque or Rio Rancho, or you are a Santa Fe local, our show provides a great reason to spend the day on the Santa Fe Plaza!
Here are some things you’ll love about our show:
- We have something for everyone! With over 100 vendors exhibiting and selling work at our show, you will get a taste of authentic art in numerous styles and media. From fine art to photography, jewelry to clothing, sculpting to metal work and pottery (and even more than these examples!), our show offers you a chance to browse a little bit of everything – all in one place.
- Everything is handcrafted! Are you looking for a unique souvenir to take home? Or an original piece of art to spark attention? Perhaps you want something functional and high quality that supports a local artist? Each artist accepted to our show is ONLY selling items that they have crafted themselves. You have a chance to speak with each artisan about his or her work before buying. You get to meet the person who poured creativity and hard work in to the item you are investing in.
- There is something for every budget! Our vendors have items that fit a wide range of budgets. Whether you are looking for the perfect piece of Southwest Jewelry or a keepsake for a toddler, you will find something beautiful and unique that fits your needs.
- Location, Location, Location! The Santa Fe Plaza area is rich in history, and there are many attractions within walking distance of our show. The Loretto Chapel, St. Francis Cathedral, Palace of the Governors, Museum of Fine Art, and numerous shops, restaurants, and hotels surround the Santa Fe Plaza. You will find yourself surrounded by New Mexican architecture, Spanish and Native American culture, and authentic New Mexican cuisine during a trip to our show.
- It’s for a GREAT cause! A trip to our show directly supports the Challenge New Mexico Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program. By supporting our artists, you are helping ensure that the CNM Ranch can continue to provide services to the special needs community of Santa Fe and all of Northern New Mexico. For more information about how CNM helps and how you can continue to be involved, please contact Elissa Ulibarri (Program Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Artists: Why You Should Apply
The best reason any artist should apply to our show is that Challenge New Mexico is directly serving the special needs community. We work solely with people living with physical, mental, or emotional challenges. This includes veterans, those with Down’s Syndrome, Autism, Parkinson’s, and PTSD – just to name a few. When riding the horse, our clients experience a deep form of therapy that reaches beyond physical benefits and allows our clients freedom and a sense of accomplishment that many other therapies do not allow for. By purchasing a booth space, you are directly supporting our work with clients and enabling us to continue changing lives.
Of course, our show offers many practical benefits for artists as well. Here are just a few:
- We accept new artists! We ask that new artists submit their applications and include two to three pictures of their work, including a picture of their studio or a work in progress.
- We heavily advertise our show! We do our best to bring the public to our show. We understand that a good show for you is a good show for us.
- Location, Location, Location! Hundreds of people from all over the world naturally flood to The Historic Santa Fe Plaza in June, and most are specifically looking for great art and jewelry.
- We are close to home! If you are a New Mexican artist from Albuquerque, Santa Fe, or Taos, it is a huge bonus to have such a short travel time to and from our show.
- No Commission! We do not collect a commission from your sales. One flat booth fee pays for you to show your art for a full weekend, and you keep what you earn.
If you are interested in applying to our show, you can find all necessary applications and information on the right-hand side of this page. Booth spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Please email email@example.com for more information or to send in your application.